Blogging is an integral part of content creation, a marketing strategy often employed by individuals or brands in order to generate more traffic, leads, and ROI. Blogging is a sure shot way in which you can get your blog or company at the top of Google SERPs. However, it is often seen by many brands/bloggers that the efforts they put in blogging does not generate the equivalent results. Despite investing so much, it is discouraging when enough traction is not generated.
However, this in no way means that blogging itself is not doing its determined job, it’s just that somewhere you have to tweak your blogging strategies so that you can finally reap the benefits to its fullest.
Following are some ways in which you can ensure that your blogs actually find their way to the top search results of Google:
- Keyword research: Keyword research is instrumental to profit-making and high-ranking blogging. All your blogging efforts will bear fruit only if you optimize it for the search engines, and, that happens only when you strategically use the most searched keywords in your blogs. Fundamentally, you are including words that your potential clients are searching for on Google. That gives Google the reason to rank you higher, since you are giving the searcher the answers he might be searching for. Use keywords that do not see a lot of competition with the big sites, so that you can easily outrank the smaller ones. Go with keywords that you have a good chance of ranking for in the short term. Also, rather than just the keyword, it is better to target a top and use relevant keywords accordingly.
- Choose the correct format: According to research, blogs that are opinionated, authoritative, or well researched, tend to do better at link sharing and clicks. Other than that, listicles starting with ‘Why’ or ‘How to’ also tend to get ranked higher than others.
- Word Count: Although there is no optimum word count for higher ranking, some of the most ranked articles tend to have a word count of 1200-1500 words. This is because they are in-depth and well-researched blogs. However, it is also no new news that quality is always preferred over quantity.
- Social Media Promotion: Blog posts do not get traction online mainly because bloggers do not have a comprehensive social media strategy to distribute that across online platforms. The best way to promote your blog is to share it on social media.
- Get Links: While many bloggers share links to their website, blog or homepage, they forget to build and share links for their specific blog post. Sharing links for the specific blog post is the final step to ensure a high ranking post on Google.
Although some people may believe that if they’re running a blog page then only they should be the riders of that content, it is not true. You can have all the inputs for what goes into a particular blog and connect with us to help you manifest the best outcome.