We live in an era where having a digital marketing strategy is one of the very basic activities a company should be aiming to accomplish. Some people invest in these activities and do not see a decent Return on Investment to continue with it or even suggest to others. There are a few factors that need to be kept in mind while opting for Digital Marketing.
Ideally, one should opt for a good Digital Marketing agency that can do the work and you, as customers, can continue to focus on your core activities of building your business. Although, you should have an idea of what you’re asking the agency to accomplish for you, that way there will not be a difference between what you are paying for and what you are getting.
The things that you should be aware of when it comes to creating and following a successful Digital Marketing Strategy:
1. Website: Having a website is very important. It is your online identity and anyone from any part of the world can reach out to you if they feel that you can fulfill their requirements. For this, there are a few things your website must have:
• It should be mobile friendly and responsive
• The content should be updated
• Have landing pages that are product specific and can help generate leads
• The values of your company should be very clear.
2. Email: Email marketing is a very strong medium of directly communicating with your customer base. For an email marketing strategy to be successful, the following should be achieved:
• Your emailer should drive traffic to a specific place
• You should be able to build credibility
• Thought leadership should be established
• Your customers should be updated with new content.
3. Content: The content on your website or different social media avenues strongly reflect you as a company. If you provide the right content, then it becomes that much easier to convert a user that comes onto your website and if not, then the bounce rate becomes higher. To create a good content strategy required the following:
• Stay original
• Your content should cater to your target audience
• Your content should clearly specify your vision, mission and goals
• Have similar content across all social media channels and your website.
4. Search Engine Optimization: If your website is not appearing on the first page of Google, then invest in Search Engine Optimization. This is one very basic activity that any company should opt for. Customers will flock to you when they see you ranking high on Google because, let’s be real, who even looks at the second page of results on a search engine.
5. Social Media Optimization: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ have become common terms in our day-to-day lifestyle. People have become so active on social media that it has replaced the need for word of mouth. If someone likes your product or post, they will share it with others and so on. This is one way that allows you to go viral in no time.
6. Search Engine Marketing: No one can deny that visibility is key. To get on to the first page of Google is imperative and time taking. To get in the eyes of people from the word ‘go’, one should invest in Search Engine Marketing. Reasons why you should opt for paid ads include:
• You can choose to pay only when someone clicks on your ad
• Immediate success results
• Budget is controlled
• The right channels can be used to get in touch with the target market.
Any digital marketing strategy should have a few things in place when they start conducting such services for you. As a customer, it becomes your duty to ensure that you are getting all the benefits that you’re paying for.
At Write Side Up, we believe that when a customer comes to us with a requirement, we should create the right plan to lead them in the right direction. When you, as a customer, benefit from our work, we feel that that success is as much ours as it is yours.